5.0

Bug ... Yuck !!!

May 01, 2019

To whom it may concern:

Breakstone has been my choice of cottage cheese for many many years.

I am 70 years old this year and I know I have eaten Breakstone's cottage cheese for the last 25 to 30 years of that time.

Tonight I was eating one of your Breakstone's Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Milkfat Small Curd in the 4-oz cup. When I got within an inch of the bottom of the cup, my spoon pulled up what looked like some sort of a bug about an inch long.

I took some pictures of it and put it on my kitchen counter with your product in the background.

I feel quite sure it's some type of bug and I can't help wondering if I will suffer some sort of medical disadvantage from eating the 3 oz of cottage cheese before I got to the bug. Bugs have all kind of diseases and germs and I am sort of concerned.

May I please hear from you at your earliest convenience on this serious matter.

Thank you for your time.

Pamela Matthews

910-308-6228

Redneckdancer@aol.com

P.S. I took 5 pictures but cannot get them to download.

Product or Service Mentioned: Breakstones Cottage Cheese.

Comments

h.kitchener

You were unlucky-enough to actually find a whole bug in your cottage cheese container. Usually, the bugs and debris are well "churned" into little bits that are unrecognizable and small enough to not be noticed.

This happens to all commercially-prepared food items and the USDA allows a certain percentage of this stuff in foods as it is almost impossible to prevent. You can do a search for the allowances but the fact remains that your experience is uncommon only because you actually found a whole bug. You won't die from eating bugs. Insects are everywhere and a source of food for many animals.

Contact Breakstone and complain. They may send you a coupon.

Breakstones Reviews